Cape Horn real estate guide & listings for sale

Cape Horn is a fairly good neighbourhood to buy a home in for those who prefer a slower-paced environment. This area is quiet, as the streets are quite calm - although that is not the case near Trans-Canada Highway. Lastly, there are approximately 10 public green spaces close by for residents to discover and they are very well-distributed, making it very easy to access them from the majority of locations in this part of the city.


Driving is usually the best approach to navigate this area. It is very easy to find a place to park, and it is a reasonably short car ride to the closest highway, such as Trans-Canada Highway, from any home in this part of Coquitlam. In contrast, the public transit system in this neighbourhood is rather limited. Thankfully, house owners are served by a few bus lines, and bus stops are not very far-removed from most residences. Many of the homes for sale in this part of the city are located in areas that are not very conducive to those who travel by foot because many daily needs are inconvenient to carry out by walking. Cape Horn is also not especially conducive to biking as cyclists are faced with a significant amount of hills. Nevertheless, the bicycling infrastructure is reasonably extensive.


In Cape Horn, about 55% of buildings are single detached homes, while duplexes and townhouses make up most of the remaining housing stock. About 45% of properties in this neighbourhood were constructed in the 1960s and 1970s, while many of the remaining buildings were built pre-1960 and in the 1980s. This part of the city offers mainly three bedroom and four or more bedroom homes. Roughly 80% of the properties in the neighbourhood are occupied by homeowners whereas renters occupy the remainder.


Both primary and secondary schools are easy to get to on foot from most properties for sale in Cape Horn. On the other hand, parents and their kids may find it challenging to get to daycares as a pedestrian. Regarding eating, house buyers in this neighbourhood commonly need a car to do groceries. Residents benefit from about 10 restaurants and cafes as well.

Neighbourhood Listings

Vesna Zivkovic, Magsen Realty Inc.
MLS® #: R2245771


213 CAYER ST, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 5B2

3 bed|2 bath|2000 sqft|house
Vesna Zivkovic, Magsen Realty Inc.
MLS® #: R2245637


1733 HIE AVE, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1B6

12 bed|4 bath|4000 sqft
Vesna Zivkovic, Magsen Realty Inc.
MLS® #: R2246991


1721 HIE AVE, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1B6

3 bed|1 bath|1297 sqft|house
Vesna Zivkovic, Magsen Realty Inc.
MLS® #: R2276187


1691 BOOTH AVE, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1B8

6 bed|3 bath|3600 sqft|house
Vesna Zivkovic, Magsen Realty Inc.
MLS® #: R2279042


1685 BOOTH AVE, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1B8

6 bed|3 bath|3200 sqft|house
Vesna Zivkovic, Magsen Realty Inc.
MLS® #: R2280671


1737 BOOTH AVE, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1C2

4 bed|3 bath|2296 sqft|house
Sam Chan, Royal Pacific Tri-Cities Realty
MLS® #: R2293434


257 MONTGOMERY ST, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 5E9

7 bed|7 bath|5520 sqft|house
Raphael Johnpierre, Keller Williams Elite Realty
MLS® #: R2302509


2180 DAWES HILL RD, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1N1

4 bed|3 bath|2686 sqft|house
Colin Thornton, RE/MAX Sabre Realty Group
MLS® #: R2302604


1865 BRUNETTE AVE, Coquitlam, BC, V3K 1H5

3 bed|2 bath|2083 sqft|house
chevron_left1 of 10chevron_right