Elgin Park real estate guide & listings for sale

The character of Elgin Park is exemplified by its slower-paced environment. This part of Cambridge is good for those who prefer quiet surroundings, as the streets are reasonably calm - however noise can be an issue close to the railway line. Finally, the majority of locations within the neighbourhood have fairly good access to public green spaces, including Gordon Chaplin Park, since numerous homes have one a short walk away and there are a few parks nearby for residents to explore.

Transportation

Getting around by car is straightforward in this area. Coming across a parking spot is generally easy. On the other hand, commuting by public transit is difficult in this part of the city. Thankfully, homeowners have access to a few bus lines, and most properties are very close to a bus stop. Elgin Park is not very cycling-friendly because there are few bike lanes, and cyclists are faced with a significant amount of hills. This neighbourhood is also not very convenient for walking since few daily errands can be run without the use of a vehicle.

Housing

In Elgin Park, roughly half of dwellings are single detached homes, while small apartment buildings and townhouses make up most of the remaining housing stock. This part of the city is primarily composed of two bedroom and three bedroom homes. Around 55% of the population of this neighbourhood own their home while renters make up the remainder. About 45% of properties in this neighbourhood were constructed in the 1960s and 1970s, while the majority of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s.

Services

Accessing the closest grocery store by walking is possible for some, but not all, property owners in Elgin Park. There are also a limited number of choices for those who appreciate restaurants and cafes in close proximity. In terms of education, in Elgin Park, families will typically be able to get to primary schools on foot. However, there are no high schools in this neighbourhood.

Neighbourhood Listings

chevron_leftchevron_right
FRANCES SEWARD, RE/MAX Twin City Realty Inc
MLS® #: 30729471

$925,000

0 Spragues Road, Cambridge, ON, N1R 5S5

N/A sqft
AMIT AIRI, RE/MAX REAL ESTATE CENTRE INC. BROKERAGE-3
MLS® #: 30736677

$364,900

48 - 350 DUNDAS ST S, Cambridge, ON, N1T 0C9

3 bed|2 bath|988 sqft|condo
JUSTINE FELICIANO, REGO REALTY INC., BROKERAGE
MLS® #: 30743346

$375,000

135 NORFOLK AVE, Cambridge, ON, N1R 3V3

2 bed|1 bath|770 sqft|house
SKYLER CLEEVES, KELLER WILLIAMS GOLDEN TRIANGLE REALTY
MLS® #: 30744009
UPDATED

$1,700

270 WATER ST N, Cambridge, ON, N1R 3C3

3 bed|1 bath|650 sqft
SEAN PATRICK SULLIVAN, RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc
MLS® #: X4493579
NEW

$415,000

164 MERCER RD, Cambridge, ON, N1R 6K9

3 bed|2 bath|N/A sqft|house
JOHN TEIXEIRA, RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc
MLS® #: 30744821
NEW

$299,900

42 AVENUE RD, Cambridge, ON, N1R 1B9

1 bed|2 bath|771 sqft|house
MELANIE JANE MCNEIL, RE/MAX Twin City Realty Inc
MLS® #: 30745613
NEW

$349,900

87 NORFOLK AVE, Cambridge, ON, N1R 3T8

2 bed|1 bath|1111 sqft|house
chevron_left1 of 8chevron_right