Kensington-Chinatown real estate guide & listings for sale

Kensington-Chinatown is a great part of Toronto for home buyers who enjoy both indoor and outdoor activities. Finding dynamic streets in this area is very easy. A lot of entertainment venues can be found nearby, there are very often crowds of people around, and with its about 40 nightlife venues, it is very easy to find a place to grab a drink as they are generally located very close by. This part of the city also features not that much greenery; more specifically, residents will find that most streets have sub-par tree coverage. However, there are a few public green spaces close by for residents to explore and they are especially well-spread out, making it very easy to access them.

Transportation

Kensington-Chinatown is an excellent part of the city with regards to travelling without driving. This area is very conducive to walking; running common errands is very convenient on foot, and plenty of businesses are very nearby. Active house buyers will also be pleased with the especially bike-friendly character of Kensington-Chinatown. More precisely, the bicycling infrastructure is fairly good, and bike-share stations are seldomly more than a short distance away. With Osgoode Station with access to the Yonge - University Line, and around 10 nearby bus lines, this part of the city is home to an excellent public transit system. In contrast, driving is a sometimes poor mode of transportation in Kensington-Chinatown. Nonetheless, it is a rather short car ride to the nearest highway from anywhere in this part of the city.

Housing

The majority of buildings are large apartment buildings, making it easy to find apartments in Kensington-Chinatown, and the remaining dwellings are mainly small apartment buildings. This neighbourhood has a good choice of unit sizes, ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. Roughly 70% of the dwellings in the neighbourhood are occupied by renters and the rest are occupied by owners. About 30% of homes in this neighbourhood were built pre-1960, while many of the remaining buildings were constructed in the 1960s and the 1980s.

Services

House buyers in Kensington-Chinatown will welcome that a general and a specialty grocery store is always only a very short walk away. Likewise, there are over 400 restaurants and over 50 coffee shops to enjoy in this part of Toronto. Residents can find very many nearby clothing stores. When it comes to education, families will value the proximity to schools and daycares, which are within walking distance from all properties for sale in Kensington-Chinatown. Apart from public schools, there are private primary and high schools.

Neighbourhood Listings

chevron_leftchevron_right
GEORGE KOZARIS, ROYAL LEPAGE VISION REALTY
MLS® #: C4327129
UPDATED

$549,900

614 - 318 RICHMOND ST W, Toronto, ON, M5V 0B4

1 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft|condo
VICTOR ALVAREZ, RE/MAX CONDOS PLUS CORP
MLS® #: C4331303

$2,700

2305 - 295 ADELAIDE ST W, Toronto, ON, M5V 0L4

2 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft
RE/MAX Hallmark Ari Zadegan Group Realty
MLS® #: C4338659

$2,300 Listing price move is DOWN

516 - 101 PETER ST, Toronto, ON, M5V 0G6

1 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft
VIVIAN TANG, BAY STREET GROUP INC.
MLS® #: C4342809

$2,100 Listing price move is DOWN

1401 - 126 SIMCOE ST, Toronto, ON, M5H 4E6

1 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft
DAVID PERES, KELLER WILLIAMS REFERRED URBAN REALTY
MLS® #: C4345089
UPDATED

$1,980

2106 - 215 QUEEN ST W, Toronto, ON, M5V 0P5

1 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft
HESAMEDDIN HEDAYATI, HOMELIFE EAGLE REALTY INC.
MLS® #: C4347605

$678,000

1119 - 330 RICHMOND ST W, Toronto, ON, M5V 1X2

2 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft|condo
TOM KA-LEUNG CHAN, RE/MAX Realtron Realty Inc
MLS® #: C4350819
UPDATED

$1,800

306 - 126 SIMCOE ST, Toronto, ON, M5H 4E6

0 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft
STEPHY LIU, EXPRESS REALTY INC.
MLS® #: C4351779

$2,380

2607 - 290 ADELAIDE ST W, Toronto, ON, M5V 0P3

2 bed|1 bath|N/A sqft
MICHAEL R. RAPKOSKI, KELLER WILLIAMS ADVANTAGE REALTY
MLS® #: C4352254

$4,000 Listing price move is DOWN

25 SOHO ST, Toronto, ON, M5T 3L8

2 bed|2 bath|N/A sqft
chevron_left1 of 10chevron_right