Elmwood Park real estate guide & listings for sale

Elmwood Park offers a slower-paced atmosphere and will appeal to home buyers who enjoy spending time in green spaces. This part of Edmonton is fairly good for those who like quiet areas, as there isn't a lot of street noise or city clamour. Finally, green spaces are very well-distributed and there are a few of them nearby for residents to explore, which makes it easy to get to them.


Elmwood Park allows house buyers to move around using a variety of means of transportation. The public transit system in this part of the city is fairly good. More specifically, rapid transit stations, including 75 Street & Fort Road stop and Fort Road & William Short Road stop on the Route 512, are not very far away from the greater part of homes in the neighbourhood. The neighbourhood is connected by a few bus lines, and the closest bus stop is usually just around the corner. On the other hand, travelling by foot is not very common in Elmwood Park, although many daily needs can be met without the use of a car. Bicycling is convenient in this area because Elmwood Park boasts a reasonably good cycling infrastructure, and riding is facilitated by the generally flat terrain. Driving is also an excellent transportation option in this neighbourhood. It is especially convenient to find a place to park, and it is a very short car ride to the nearest highway from any home in Elmwood Park.


Small apartment buildings are the most common housing type, representing roughly 45% of buildings in Elmwood Park, while single detached homes are the main alternative in the housing stock. This neighbourhood has a good selection of housing size options, ranging from lofts to four or more bedrooms. Renters occupy roughly 55% of the units in the neighbourhood whereas the rest are occupied by owners. About 45% of properties in this part of Edmonton were built pre-1960, while the majority of the remaining buildings were constructed in the 1960s and the 1980s.


Home buyers in this neighbourhood will welcome that a grocery store is always only a rather short walk away. Likewise, this part of the city is a fairly good place in which to go out to eat. It is also convenient to reach a variety of clothing stores on foot. In terms of education, it is a reasonably short walk to get to both primary and secondary schools from anywhere in Elmwood Park. However, parents may find it difficult for their kids to access daycares on foot.

Neighbourhood Listings

Courtesy of Clare Packer, RE/MAX Excellence
MLS® #: E4175317


12239 79 ST NW, Edmonton, AB, T5B 2L8

5 bed|2 bath|1315 sqft|house
Courtesy of Russ Robideau ~ Professional Realty Group
MLS® #: E4175081


12345 79 ST NW, Edmonton, AB, T5B 2L9

3 bed|1 bath|812 sqft|house
Courtesy of Sergio Maione, RE/MAX Elite (Windermere)
MLS® #: E4169300


12512 79 ST NW, Edmonton, AB, T5B 2M5

4 bed|2.1 bath|1210 sqft|house
Courtesy of Michael Pino, RE/MAX Elite (North)
MLS® #: E4146524


12344 80 ST NW, Edmonton, AB, T5B 2P6

N/A sqft
chevron_left1 of 6chevron_right