Glen Cairn real estate guide & listings for sale

The character of Glen Cairn is exemplified by its slower-paced atmosphere. It is very easy to reach green spaces in the neighbourhood since there are approximately 20 of them close by for residents to explore. This area is also reasonably quiet, as there are low levels of noise from traffic - although that is not the case near the railway line.

Transportation

The favoured approach to navigate this part of the city is very often a car. Nearby highways are easy to drive to from anywhere in this part of London, and it is very convenient to come across a parking spot. However, the public transit service in Glen Cairn is not very frequent. Nonetheless, there are a few bus lines passing through the neighbourhood, and bus stops are not very far from most houses. Travelling on foot is not particularly feasible for home buyers in Glen Cairn because running daily errands is sometimes challenging by walking.

Housing

Single detached homes are the most common housing type, representing about 40% of buildings in Glen Cairn, and the rest are mainly large apartment buildings, small apartment buildings, and townhouses. This part of London offers mainly two bedroom and three bedroom homes. About 60% of the population of this neighbourhood own their home whereas the rest are renters. Around 40% of properties in this area were constructed between 1960 and 1980, while the majority of the remaining buildings were built pre-1960 and in the 1980s.

Services

House buyers in Glen Cairn will be pleased to learn that a grocery store is always only a reasonably short walk away. Residents are served by about 30 restaurants and coffee shops as well. When it comes to education, in Glen Cairn, families will usually be able to access primary schools on foot. In contrast, high schools are not particularly numerous and thus tend to require a rather long walk to get to. Families have the choice between public and private elementary schools.

Neighbourhood Listings

chevron_leftchevron_right
CENTURY 21 FIRST CANADIAN CORP
MLS® #: 40022205
3 bed|1 + 1 bath|N/A sqft|townhouse
RED DOOR REALTY LTD., BROKERAGE
MLS® #: 40023108
1 bed|1 bath|700 sqft|condo
CENTURY 21 FIRST CANADIAN CORP (5)
MLS® #: 40022055
2 bed|1 bath|950 sqft|condo
PEAK PROFESSIONALS REALTY INC.
MLS® #: 40022064
3 bed|1 + 2 bath|1200 sqft|house
CENTURY 21 FIRST CANADIAN CORP
MLS® #: 40022117
3 bed|1 + 1 bath|1626 sqft|townhouse
ROYAL LEPAGE TRILAND REALTY
MLS® #: 40019095
5 bed|3 bath|1462 sqft|house
COLDWELL BANKER POWER REALTY, BROKERAGE
MLS® #: 40021609
3 bed|1 + 1 bath|1759 sqft|house
ROYAL LEPAGE TRILAND REALTY
MLS® #: 277667
2 bed|1 bath|865 sqft|condo
CENTURY 21 FIRST CANADIAN CORP
MLS® #: 40020979
N/A bed|N/A bath|1998 sqft
CENTURY 21 FIRST CANADIAN CORP
MLS® #: 40021494
2 bed|1 bath|700 sqft|house
chevron_left1 of 10chevron_right