Le Vieux-Longueuil real estate guide & listings for sale

Le Vieux-Longueuil offers a calm ambience and will appeal to home buyers who enjoy spending time outdoors. This borough is reasonably quiet, as there isn't a lot of street noise or city clamour - however some areas can be quite noisy, especially near Autoroute Transcanadienne, Autoroute Jean-Lesage or the railway line. Finally, there is a good amount of greenery in this part of Longueuil; there are over 100 parks close by for residents to discover, which makes them very easy to reach. In addition, residents will find that there are numerous tree-lined streets.

Transportation

This area will attract homeowners that use different methods of transportation. Property owners can count on public transit to navigate Le Vieux-Longueuil. For instance, there is Longueuil - Université-de-Sherbrooke Station with access to the Yellow Line. The borough is linked by over 50 bus lines, and the nearest bus stop is generally just around the corner. This area will also appeal to physically active people because it is reasonably suitable for walking; many common errands can be run on foot. Le Vieux-Longueuil is quite amenable to biking since there are not many slopes to challenge bicycle riders, and there are numerous bike lanes.

Housing

In Le Vieux-Longueuil, about 60% of dwellings are small apartment buildings, and the remainder are mainly single detached homes. This borough also has a good choice of unit sizes; houses range from lofts to four or more bedrooms. Around 55% of the population of this borough rent their home while owners make up the remainder. About 45% of homes in this borough were built between 1960 and 1980, while the majority of the remaining buildings were constructed pre-1960 and in the 1980s.

Services

It is easy to get to the nearest supermarket by walking from any home in Le Vieux-Longueuil. Chemin de Chambly is among the best streets for food stores. Likewise, this area is a good place in which to eat out, and there are also around 30 coffee shops in Le Vieux-Longueuil. A good selection of clothing stores can also be found within a reasonably short walking distance. Regarding education, families will value that wherever their home is located in Le Vieux-Longueuil, daycares and primary schools are close by. On the other hand, there are only a limited number of high schools and therefore they can be an extended walk away. Besides public schools, there are private primary and high schools.

Neighbourhood Listings

Looks like we couldn't find any suggested listings.